New to DimXpert: how to make dimensions something other than basic?

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
caltrop18
Answers: 0

New to DimXpert: how to make dimensions something other than basic?

Unread post by caltrop18 »

I'm new to DimXpert. I've read through the documentation and watched some tutorials, but there's clearly something I've missed. I'm attempting to add size dimensions, but the only option I'm given is a basic dimension (see image). That doesn't work so well for me because I'd like to be able to specify other tolerances and fits. May I ask what I've overlooked/what setting I set incorrectly? I keep changing things, but so far, no dice.
o[

Thanks in advance.
Screenshot 2021-08-24 100457.png
Frank_Oostendorp
Answers: 3

Re: New to DimXpert: how to make dimensions something other than basic?

Unread post by Frank_Oostendorp »

Wow, there must be a lot of experts using this MBD.
I'm not an expert, but I can use pre-defined styles of dimensions to get rid of the basic one. Got no clue if that is intended.
matt
Answers: 19

Re: New to DimXpert: how to make dimensions something other than basic?

Unread post by matt »

caltrop18 wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 5:40 pm I'm new to DimXpert. I've read through the documentation and watched some tutorials, but there's clearly something I've missed. I'm attempting to add size dimensions, but the only option I'm given is a basic dimension (see image). That doesn't work so well for me because I'd like to be able to specify other tolerances and fits. May I ask what I've overlooked/what setting I set incorrectly? I keep changing things, but so far, no dice.
o[

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2021-08-24 100457.png
Just as a point of reference, I did some research into whether this topic deserved a chapter in my 2018 book, Mastering SolidWorks. In the end, I didn't add it. Alin Vargatu was my technical editor for the book, and a big proponent of MBD, but he still couldn't convince me. I just didn't see enough people using it, and the people who had tried said there wasn't enough functionality.