Drawing Sheet with Title Block, No Drawing Border

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
SPerman
Answers: 13

Drawing Sheet with Title Block, No Drawing Border

Unread post by SPerman »

I have added a small title block to my dxf template. What I would like is an appropriately sized sheet for my part, with the title block and no border. I have been able to make it happen.
image.png
But it is a seemingly random assortment of picking the "Standard sheet size" and then turning on/off "Display sheet size" and then switching back to custom sheet size and changing the dimensions. When I click "Apply Changes" seems to matter.

I usually get a resized sheet with the drawing border.
image.png
Or a non-resized sheet with no drawing border.
image.png
Or best of all, a non-resized sheet with no title block.
image.png
Does anyone know the proper steps to make this happen? Is there a better way to hide the drawing border?
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
SPerman

Re: Drawing Sheet with Title Block, No Drawing Border

Unread post by SPerman »

I found an old thread that recommended deleting the border from the sheet format, or moving it to a hidden layer. I can't make either of those things work.
-
I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be. -Douglas Adams
DanPihlaja
Answers: 25

Unread post by DanPihlaja »

SPerman wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:49 pm I found an old thread that recommended deleting the border from the sheet format, or moving it to a hidden layer. I can't make either of those things work.
To delete the border, the only way to do it (that I know of) is to select it from the tree and delete it from there.
image.png
-Dan Pihlaja
Solidworks 2022 SP4

2 Corinthians 13:14
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

Scott, we just have a drawing template with no sheet format and the sheet size set to 4' x 8' which covers pretty much any size piece of sheet metal. The on screen view of the flat sheet is just a visual anyway, it doesn't get exported or anything.

You could create an empty sheet format with this already set.
Jason
SPerman

Unread post by SPerman »

dpihlaja wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:46 am To delete the border, the only way to do it (that I know of) is to select it from the tree and delete it from there.

image.png
I knew there had to be a simple solution I was overlooking. Thank you.
jcapriotti wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:25 pm Scott, we just have a drawing template with no sheet format and the sheet size set to 4' x 8' which covers pretty much any size piece of sheet metal. The on screen view of the flat sheet is just a visual anyway, it doesn't get exported or anything.

You could create an empty sheet format with this already set.
Can you still have a title block without a sheet format?
-
jcapriotti
Answers: 29

Unread post by jcapriotti »

SPerman wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 2:51 pm Can you still have a title block without a sheet format?
Technically you always have a sheet format but it can be empty. You could just include the text and no lines, I assume that's what you're after. You can also put the text on the sheet instead of inside the sheet format. Put it on a layer so you can easily toggle it on/off.
Jason