Pack N Go and drawings

Micallen
Answers: 0

Pack N Go and drawings

Unread post by Micallen »

SW2021 SP5
We have always included all the part drawings in a drawing package with the assembly. We are trying to start something new - which is to have each part drawing on a separate sheet (separate file).

I did a test assembly, assembly drawing, and individual part drawings. I need to be able to pack n go this to another folder, because we do a lot of jobs that are similar, but different. When I did the PnG, of the assembly, all the drawings went with it.

So, I just finished an actual job this way, and all the drawings. I did a test PnG to make sure it would work, and it didn't. I tried it six times (different assemblies) and none of them took the drawings along. Not even the assembly drawings.

I am opening the assembly, selecting pack n go, making sure INCLUDE DRAWINGS is checked, and selecting a new folder to PnG them to.

What am I doing wrong?
by mgibeault » Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:42 pm
The drawings have exactly the same name as the part/assembly they are referencing?
Go to full post
mgibeault
Answers: 1

Re: Pack N Go and drawings

Unread post by mgibeault »

The drawings have exactly the same name as the part/assembly they are referencing?
Micallen
Answers: 0

Re: Pack N Go and drawings

Unread post by Micallen »

mgibeault wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 1:42 pm The drawings have exactly the same name as the part/assembly they are referencing?
Welllll... no. We added a 2digit adder to help identify part drawings that go with assy drawings. I was thinking that the first test (that worked) we had done that, but we didn't.

That brings up a best practice question, but I will post it in a separate thread.

Thanks!!