Macro saving bodies into individual parts not closing "part" window if the file type is changed

Library for macros
jetlius
Answers: 0

Macro saving bodies into individual parts not closing "part" window if the file type is changed

Unread post by jetlius »

Hello!

I am using the macro found in the following link:

https://www.codestack.net/solidworks-ap ... s-to-part/

It does exactly what I need, however, if I change the file type to .stl, it does NOT close each window it opens when saving the different files, which leads to a software crash.

It works if I maintain the .sldprt file type, but it doesn't allow me to close it if I change the type?

Is there a way to solve this? I have spent hours trying to mess around with the macro, but I don't know visual basic at all...

Please help..
JPARKER

Re: Macro saving bodies into individual parts not closing "part" window if the file type is changed

Unread post by JPARKER »

Can you post the macro you are currently using?
jetlius

Re: Macro saving bodies into individual parts not closing "part" window if the file type is changed

Unread post by jetlius »

It was the one on the link I provided.

However, since I posted the problem, I have found a solution to my problem, but thank you anyway!
ajberinguela

Unread post by ajberinguela »

Good Day,
I'm also using this same macro, by any chance, do you know if it's possible to modify this macro so that it saves the multiple bodies inside the Cut List as a single part? This macro saves each solid body as individual files, what I need is for it to save identical bodies as a single file (sldprt). I've been looking for this for quite a while now, but I couldn't find anything , Thank you in advance.