set views to "hidden lines removed" in drw template

Use this space to ask how to do whatever you're trying to use SolidWorks to do.
Jim Steinmeyer
Answers: 0

set views to "hidden lines removed" in drw template

Unread post by Jim Steinmeyer »

I am updating our drawing templates a little and now I see that when I create a new drawing the views initially come in as Shaded with edges. I am not finding a way to set this to "hidden lines removed" without having a view in the drawing. I am sure it is there somewhere but I haven't found it yet. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Jim
by Glenn Schroeder » Thu Jul 11, 2024 8:44 am
Jim Steinmeyer wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:08 pm I am updating our drawing templates a little and now I see that when I create a new drawing the views initially come in as Shaded with edges. I am not finding a way to set this to "hidden lines removed" without having a view in the drawing. I am sure it is there somewhere but I haven't found it yet. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Jim
As far as I know you can't control that in the template. It's a System setting.

image.png
Go to full post
Petertha
Answers: 0

Re: set views to "hidden lines removed" in drw template

Unread post by Petertha »

I might be wrong about this but seems to me I had a similar issue. Pretty sure I had to have a part view within what ultimately became the drawing template in order to specify & save specific part view related changes. Another possibility is (I think) some display properties get saved along with the template as a default so might be opening with those setting.

2 good YouTube videos that helped me through the maze of template building:

Glenn Schroeder
Answers: 23

Unread post by Glenn Schroeder »

Jim Steinmeyer wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 6:08 pm I am updating our drawing templates a little and now I see that when I create a new drawing the views initially come in as Shaded with edges. I am not finding a way to set this to "hidden lines removed" without having a view in the drawing. I am sure it is there somewhere but I haven't found it yet. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Jim
As far as I know you can't control that in the template. It's a System setting.

image.png
"On the days when I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days."

Ray Wylie Hubbard in his song "Mother Blues"
CarrieIves
Answers: 2

Unread post by CarrieIves »

Glenn shows you what the drawing views will default to. I believe if you place pre-defined views in your template you can set those for the display you want.

Our drawing templates have an iso view and 3 plan views already there.